- Revenues amounted to SEK 686.0 (638.7) million.
- Organic growth adjusted for exchange rate effects amounted to 10 percent, which is explained by the highest underlying activity ever.
- Gross turnover in Sportsbook amounted to SEK 372.0 (325.4) million, representing a growth, adjusted for exchange rate and acquisition effects, of 12 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 171.2 (161.1) million. Income before tax amounted to 166.6 (160.1) million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 157.7 (151.9) million, corresponding to SEK 3.52 (3.54) per share.
- Customer deposits in all of Betsson’s gaming solutions amounted to SEK 2,212.5 (2,113.9) million. This key ratio has been impacted by SEK 111.6 million referring to disadvantageous exchange rate fluctuations.
- Class One Holding Ltd, which operates the brands Oranje and Kroon Casion, was acquired during the quarter and has, since 4 March, contributed to the Group’s revenues with SEK 23.4 million and to the Company’s operating income by SEK 14.4 million.
- The profit and loss statement was charged with SEK 10.1 million in acquisition costs and SEK 1.0 million in additional depreciations of newly acquired client base.
Betsson gains market shares in both Casino and Sportsbook
“- An organic growth of 12 percent in Casino, as well as a good growth in Sportsbook, means that Betsson is gaining market share. At the same time, the mobile penetration has increased from 12 percent to 15 percent over the previous quarter. This shows that the ongoing initiatives in personalized real-time communications, digital marketing, search engine optimization and mobile development is taking effect. At the same time, the acquisition of Oranje and Kroon had a positive effect on the result and both brands are showing a strong growth throughout the quarter. It is clear that the company, with its initiatives and its multi-brand strategy, is well positioned both for continued growth and for future potential acquisitions,” says Magnus Silfverberg, Betsson’s President and CEO.
For full presentation, please click here.