• Revenue increased by 30 percent and amounted to SEK 752.3 (579.2) million, an organic growth of 15 percent.
• Gross profit in Casino increased by 37 percent and amounted SEK 433.6 (316.0) million, an organic growth of 13 percent.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 190.4 (137.8) million. Income before tax amounted to SEK 187.5 (137.5) million.
• Net income amounted to SEK 176.6 (128.3) million, corresponding to SEK 3.84 (2.95) per share.
• Customer deposits in all of Betsson’s gambling solutions amounted to SEK 2,613.4 (2,017.8) million.
• The brands Oranje and Kroon Casino contributed SEK 87.8 million to the Group’s revenues and SEK 55.3 million to net income.
• Betting on the FIFA World Cup comprised 4 percent of the Group’s revenues in the second quarter, contributing positively to the Group’s net income.
The Interim Period:
• Revenue increased by 18 percent to SEK 1,438.3 (1,217.9) million.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 361.5 (298.9) million.
• Income before tax amounted to SEK 354.1 (297.5) million.
• Net income amounted to SEK 334.3 (280.2) million, corresponding to SEK 7.41 (6.49) per share.
The strategic initiatives and the FIFA World Cup resulted in strong organic growth
– Betsson posted organic growth of 15 percent during the second quarter, which proves that the Company’s strategic initiatives are continuing to show results and that the Company provides a world class customer experience. The FIFA World Cup had a positive effect and attracted many new and old customers, which is also favourable longer term. Furthermore, gross turnover for all gambling solutions within Sportsbook increased by 20 percent. The recently acquired Dutch brands also contributed strongly, with a growth of 13 percent. Betsson´s focus in profitable growth gives the highest margins in the industry over time, says Magnus Silfverberg, the President and CEO of Betsson.
For full report, please click here.