- Revenue increased organically by 14 per cent to SEK 860.6 (752.3) million, which is the highest quarterly revenue figure ever reported. The FIFA World Cup represented 4 per cent of the revenue in the comparative figures for 2014.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 213.8 (190.4) million, corresponding to an increase of 12 per cent and operating margin of 24.8 (25.3) per cent. Income before tax amounted to SEK 212.3 (187.5) million.
- Operating income was encumbered with SEK 4.8 million for acquisition-related expenses.
- Net income amounted to SEK 201.6 (176.6) million, corresponding to SEK 1.46 (1.28) per share.
- Customer deposits in all of Betsson’s gaming solutions amounted to SEK 3,116.6 (2,613.4) million, an increase of 19 per cent.
- Gross turnover in Sportsbook amounted to SEK 5,385.7 (4,140.4) million, corresponding to growth of 30 per cent.
- Mobile revenue amounted to SEK 286.0 (129.5) million, an increase of 121 per cent. Mobile revenue constituted 33 (17) per cent of total revenue in the quarter.
- During the quarter the Triobet brand was migrated to the shared technical platform Techsson.
- A sportsbook was launched during the quarter for the KroonCasino brand.
- On 29 June, Betsson signed an agreement to acquire the Georgian gaming operator Europe-Bet.
- President and CEO Magnus Silfverberg announced during the quarter that he, after 6 years at Betsson, intended to leave his position at the Company for a new role in another industry.
- Revenue increased by 19 per cent to SEK 1,708.0 (1,438.3) million.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 451.8 (361.5) million.
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 448.7 (354.1) million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 425.7 (334.3) million, corresponding to SEK 3.08 (2.47) per share.
Sustainable profitable growth, both organically and through acquisitions
“After four years as the President and CEO of Betsson, it feels great to finish with the best quarter ever. In spite of high comparative figures, Betsson has achieved strong organic growth in revenues, deposits, gross turnover in Sportsbook and net income. With above-market growth and additional acquisitions, the Company has achieved a leading position in a number of countries. This reduces the Company’s operational risk and creates a foundation for sustainable growth. Thanks to cost awareness and the one single platform strategy, Betsson has the highest profitability in the industry,” says Magnus Silfverberg, Betsson’s President and CEO.