Revenues for the third quarter increased by 30 percent
- Revenue increased by 30 percent and amounted to SEK 782.1 (603.4) million, which is the highest quarterly figure ever reported. Organic growth was 16 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 207.2 (152.2) million, an increase of 36 percent. Income before tax amounted to SEK 204.1 (149.7) million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 193.4 (140.9) million, corresponding to SEK 4.20 (3.25) per share.
- Customer deposits in all of Betsson’s gaming solutions have never been higher and amounted to SEK 2,737.3 (2,027.1) million, an increase of 35 percent.
- Non-recurring expenses amounted to SEK 9.0 million under Personnel expenses and SEK 3.8 million in Other external expenses, both referring to restructuring.
- The Oranje and Kroon Casino brands contributed SEK 83.9 million to the Group’s revenues and SEK 47.9 million to net income.
- Betting on the FIFA World Cup generated 1.5 percent of the Group’s revenues in the third quarter.
The interim period
- Revenue increased by 22 percent to SEK 2,220.4 (1,821.3) million.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 568.7 (451.1) million.
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 558.2 (447.2) million.
- Net income amounted to SEK 527.6 (421.1) million, corresponding to SEK 11.62 (9.74) per share.
Key Performance Indicators (MSEK)
|Q 3||Q 3||Jan-Sep||Jan-Sep||Full year|
|Gross profit||656.7||502.5||1 865.1||1,525.3||2,073.9|
|of which Sportsbook||207.2||140.7||549,6||431.3||577.6|
|Active customers (thousands)||363.5||423.6||363.5||423.6||401.4|
|Registered customers (thousands)||7,533.2||6,623.2||7,533.2||6,623.2||6,732.7|
|Customer deposits, all gaming solutions||2,737.3||2,027.1||7,563.3||6,158.8||8,421.1|
|B2C Sportsbook 1)|
|Gross turnover, Sportsbook||1,409.9||1,234.1||4,215.2||3,594.7||5,024.0|
|Gross margin, Sportsbook||7.4%||6.6%||6.4%||6.2%||5.7%|
|Gross profit, Sportsbook||103.7||81.8||267.8||223.5||288.0|
|B2B Sportsbook 1)|
|Gross turnover, Sportsbook||2,653.4||2,164.4||7,769.3||7,125.0||9,791.3|
|Gross margin, Sportsbook||3.9%||2.7%||3.6%||2.9%||3.0%|
|Gross profit, Sportsbook from third party||103.5||58.9||281.8||207.8||289.4|
- Refers to the margin after allocated expenses. The margin after free bets in all gaming solutions amounted to 8.5 (6.9) percent.
Profitable growth has made Betsson the largest online company on Nasdaq Stockholm
– In terms of stock market value, Betsson is now the largest pure online company on Nasdaq Stockholm. Thanks to Betsson’s strategies regarding multi-brand and a common technical platform, Betsson is in the third quarter able to deliver an organic growth of 16 percent as well as an organic growth, adjusted for one-off costs, in EBIT of 11 percent. Furthermore, the Company continues to deliver strong growth within mobile gaming, with the share of revenue from mobile solutions now at 23 percent. With an EBIT margin of 26.5 percent, Betsson has strenghten its position as the market’s most profitable online gaming company, says Magnus Silfverberg, the President and CEO of Betsson.